Updated: Feb 7, 2020
January 13th is Make Your Dream Come True Day. Dreams are a big part of my life. They are how I imagine my life to be in the future. My favorite quote about dreams is:
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” - Walt Disney. Because it tells you that anything is possible; you just have to think about it hard enough and never let it go.
When I was a little girl I always set myself big goals and big dreams. After 23 years of big dreams, and achieving only a few of them so far, I am learning it is not that easy.
Here are a few tips that I learned and would like to share with you.
1. Never compare yourself to others. This is now getting harder and harder to do, thanks to social media. When I was in college, especially freshman year, I would always see other classmates and friends post their grades on Instagram or Twitter. I would compare them to mine and think: “Wow I’m never gonna be as good as this person.” Or I would think, “I’m so dumb, how could this person do better than me?” But after my sophomore year I stopped focusing on that. I made the Dean’s List and started to get better grades.
2. Everything takes time! Your dreams are not going to come true in one day. It’s going to take time. You might run into failure but DON’T GIVE UP! YOU WILL SUCCEED! Trust me. I applied to my semi-dream job 3 times before I actually got it. Being persistent and trying again is key. It was hard for me to find the courage to reapply again and again, to hear no three times before hearing yes. But to me it was worth it! It was only a summer job, but I really enjoyed it.
3. Each opportunity is a blessing, so go for it. The job you have right now might not be your ideal job. You might be feeling confused, wondering why you are working there or if it is that the right choice for you. And for right now, it is. Like I said before, everything takes time, and you will get to your dream job eventually.
Now that I have given you some tips, I’m going to share some of my biggest dreams that I have accomplished, and some that I will accomplish in the future.
1. Going to college.
2. Graduating college.
3. Going to Disney Land.
4. Riding a ferris wheel.
1. Work for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
2. Be an inspiration to others.
3. Go to the Summer Olympics.
4. Learn how to drive.
P.S. Don’t let anyone tell you your dreams are too big or it’s stupid/dumb. You can achieve whatever you set your mind to. No dream is too small or too big for you to handle.